This year, on Saturday 16 April, the operatic arias of French composers, along with some of France’s finest wines, are celebrated during another gala event at Huka Lodge.
Master of ceremonies, Jonathan Alver, has brought together a fabulous programme of music presented by the talented young performers of the New Zealand Opera School. The NZOS performs an extraordinary nurturing role developing our emerging opera singers.
Jonathan is the Director of the NZOS and during the event shares insights and anecdotes from his extensive 25-year career in theatre, screen and event production.
Jean-Christophe Poizat from Maison Vauron presents a stunning personal selection of fine wines from the famed Burgundy region during dinner. These superb wines will be complemented in a befitting way with a five-course menu created especially by Executive Chef, Paul Froggatt.
A surcharge of NZ$200.00 per room + gst (15%) applies to benefit the New Zealand Opera School. The attractive autumn-winter room rate will be applicable for the night of this event.
Details of the weekend's programme follow below.
SATURDAY, 16 APRIL 2016
- From 1.00pm onwards – Guests arrive at Huka Lodge, settle in and orientate.
- 3.00-3.45pm – Join Jonathan Alver in the Main Lodge Room as he shares his stories and insights spanning a 25-year career in opera, theatre, screen and event production within the arts sector.
- 4.15-5.00pm – Guests gather in the Main Lodge Room with Jean-Christophe Poizat, Maison Vauron for an introduction to the wines of Burgundy that will be served during dinner.
- 6.00-7.00pm – Guests return to the Main Lodge for pre-dinner drinks and a welcome by Huka Lodge, General Manager, Kerry Molloy. Jonathan Alver will introduce the New Zealand Opera School alumni who will perform later in the evening.
- 7.00pm onwards – A fabulous five-course French inspired dinner by Executive Chef, Paul Froggatt will be presented, complemented wines from Maison Vauron, as carefully chosen by Jean-Christophe. As the evening unfolds popular opera arias and duets will be presented for your pleasure by talented young singers – Katherine McIndoe; soprano, Madison Nonoa; soprano, Filipe Manu; tenor and Jonathan Eyers; baritone.
- After dinner guests gather in the Lodge Room for drinks, a selection of New Zealand cheeses, petits-fours, tea and coffee. All the performers will also join guests at this time.
SUNDAY, 17 APRIL 2016
- From 7.30am – Full country breakfast is served for guests to enjoy at leisure.
- 11.00am – Check-out and departure from Huka Lodge.